Information we collect and how we use it:
We offer a number of services that may not require you to register for or provide any personal information to us. However, in order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information that you provide — When you sign up for a Citizen Capitalism service that requires registration, we will ask you for personal information (such as your name and email address. All such information will be used only for the purposes for which it was provided.
- Log information — When you use the Citizen Capitalism’s services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear Gifs Information- When you use the Citizen Capitalism’s services, we may employ “clear gifs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML- based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- Via software – Citizen Capitalism may obtain information as a result of data being sent to our servers that may be imbedded in an end users’ mobile application. We aggregate that data and track information such as user sessions, end users’ devices, or an end users’ location. Once the data is aggregated, we may make it available for analysis by the developer of such application.
- User communications — When you send email or other communication to the Citizen Capitalism, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links — the Citizen Capitalism may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
Citizen Capitalism may process personal information on servers located in Canada and elsewhere around the world. We may process personal information to provide and improve our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners. We may also use personal information to help you resolve problems with our services and to make our services easier to use by reducing the need for you to enter information.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use personal information for purposes other than those described in this Policy or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case the Citizen Capitalism may not be able to provide those services to you.
Citizen Capitalism only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of the Citizen Capitalism in the following limited circumstances:
- we have your consent;
- we provide such information to our affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures;
- we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
(a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
(b) enforce the Citizen Capitalism’s Terms of Service including investigation of potential violations thereof;
(c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
(d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Citizen Capitalism, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to the Citizen Capitalism employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations, subject to enforcement if they fail to meet these obligations.
Citizen Capitalism processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use the Citizen Capitalism services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information, either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Compliance and changes
Citizen Capitalism regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy and we may change this Policy at any time (all changes will be posted on this page). Your continued use of the services or the sites of the Citizen Capitalism constitutes your agreement to this Policy as amended. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or the Citizen Capitalism’s treatment of personal information by contacting us through this website.